Monday 16 September 2013

त्याग दिए सपने जब सारे

I sipped the sap of each sane pleasure;
I exulted in the crushed beauty of sextillion stars;
I made a bonfire of all sorrows and basked in the glory blaze;
I quaffed the questing love of all hearts;
I mingled paternal, maternal, and fraternal love together,
And drank the solacing draught;
I squeezed the scriptures for drops of peace;
I wrung poems from the winepress of Nature;
I lifted gems from the mine of thoughts;
I stole the sweetness from the honeycomb of innocent joys;
I read, I smiled, I worked, I planned, I throbbed, I aspired;
But naught was sufficient.
Only nightmares of incompleteness,
Ever receding will-o’-the wisps of promised happiness,
Haunted and hastened my heart.
But when I cast all dreams away,
I found the deep sanctuary of peace,
And my soul sang: “God alone! God alone!”
चखा मैंने रस जग के हर सुख का;
लिया आनंद अगणित तारों के सौन्दर्य रस का;
दी आहुति सारे दुखों की और लिया आनंद अग्नि की चमक का;
पिया मधु प्रेम सारे दिलों का;
मिलाया प्रेम पितृ ,मातृ,भ्रात्र सबका,
फिर पिया तृप्ति दायक घूँट;
निचोड़े ग्रन्थ सारे शांति की एक बूंद की ख़ातिर;
रची कवितायेँ प्रकृति से प्रेरित;
चुने कुछ रत्न विचारों की खदानों से;
चुरायी मधुरता कितने खिलोनों से;
पढ़ा,मुस्काया,किये काम,योजना की, मचला, चाहा ;
पर नहीं पर्याप्त था कुछ ...
केवल भ्रान्ति , अधूरापन ,
घटता मधु  प्रतिपल मन चाहे सुख का,
भय से भर दौड़ा मेरा हृद .
पर जब त्याग दिए सपने सब
पायी मैंने शांति निधि ,
गान किया आत्मा ने मेरी -केवल हे हरि केवल हे हरि!”

2 comments:

  1. वाह!कामना से तृप्ति का सफर दर्शाती बेहद खूबसूरत कविता।

    ReplyDelete